Monday, June 28, 2010

Ice cream, some cheese pizza, and clean air

Wisdom can come at any age and its lessons can smack you in the head when you least expect it. 

I did not anticipate uncovering such understanding in a pre-school yearbook. But there it was. The messages from a gaggle of five-year-olds seem worth repeating. They made me smile, even hopeful at a time when my adult mind is often hijacked by the 24-hour news cycle of oil and violence here and abroad.

Here's what the boys and girls in D's class said when asked what they wished for the world.
  • For everyone to love their family like I love mine.
  • For everyone to have a Barbie Doll
  • For everyone to have enough food
  • For everyone to be nice to each other
  • I wish everyone could have a large cheese pizza
  • I wish everyone smiled all the time
  • That the world would take care of the weeds
  • That the world would be happy
  • That everyone would get along
  • That the world would be filled with flowers
  • That the world would be strong and healthy
  • That everyone could have ice cream
  • That the world has clean air
  • That there is no littering
  • That we all be healthy and grow
  • That my friends and I will be friends forever
  • That everybody will turn out awesome
  • That everyone could have a big jungle gym
  • For everyone to have a good life
Sounds like a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment