Sunday, July 3, 2011

Letters from holiday road ...#1

I am at a Walmart north of Cleveland. My husband is at the wheel and the two boys are in the back seat.

It's a long way from Massachusetts. (572 miles of farmland and a scant view of Lake Erie) But we are on a mission to visit Caitlin in St. Louis - my cousin but not unlike a daughter or a kid sister and more accurately a sister to the boys.

We have stopped five times to pee. And yet, it's not without advantages. The New York thruway has free wifi. That means I could load up on new apps to keep the little hombres occupado.

Courtesy of Twitter and the NYT, I learned about super awesome interactive e-books for kids on the iPad. Madden football 2011 is also a huge hit. And Pandora...who knew that little satellite gem was going to save my sanity. Turns out they have Michael Jackson's "thriller." Tis a big request on the 6 y/o circuit.

So anyway, we are halfway there. Oh! Almost forgot. Dylan managed to lose his shoes in the backseat.
We found them in the nick of time to go pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment